Speakers Nordic Summit 2015
Executive Director Infection Control and Environmental Health
Norwegian Institute of Public Health
John-Arne Røttingen is Executive Director Infection Control and Environmental Health at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. He is also Professor of Health Policy at the Department of Health Management and Health Economics at the University of Oslo.
His other current positions are:
- Visiting Professor at the Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, and Institute Visiting Scholar at the Harvard Global Health Institute.
- Associate Fellow at the Centre on Global Health Security, Chatham House
- Research associate of the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- Chair of the Board of the Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research
- Member of the Scientific Oversight Group of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, University of Washington, Seattle
- Member of the International Advisory Committee for the Global Burden of Disease study
He has been Director General of the Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services; Oxford Scholar at Wadham College; and Fulbright Fellow at Harvard Kennedy School. He received his MD and PhD from the University of Oslo, an MSc from Oxford University and an MPA from Harvard University.
He has several academic interests:
Health policy and health systems with emphasis on how evidence can inform decision making.
Global health/international health with emphasis on health system research.
Access to and innovation of medicines and other health technologies for the needs of developing countries.
Evidence based practice, evidence informed policy and knowledge translation.
Quality of care, quality improvement and patient safety.
Methods for evaluating the effectiveness of interventions, system changes and reforms.